Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RasikaOgale
Frequent Visitor

Forecasting feature is missing

Hello All,

I have lasted updates of 2017  April's fpr Power Bi Desktop

BIVersion.JPG

And I have used Line chart, I want to forecast the report. But in analytics I am not able to see Forecasting feature.

BIAnalytics.JPG

Not even Preview features. 

BIFeatures.JPG

Please give the suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Do you have a date field on the Axis? Forecast will only appear when using a date there.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
niazpervez

If you have any Secondary Values then forecast and anomalies wont work. So remove the secondary axis values and re-check again hope forecast and anomalies both work.

gblock
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the tips here. I had a date field and couldn't figure out why I wasn't able to get forecasting working. Reading the threads here I was saw the comment about Forecast not working with a Legend. I removed the legend an tada there it is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I am using May 2017 version of Power BI and forecasting feature is missing too.

I went through a lot of forums I followed and doublechecked all suggestions, but forecast doesn't appear.

I have date on X axis, I have just one line (no legend), no filter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same problem: data is date type, line graph, and no "forecast" option in the analytics pane for that visual. I have the latest update on desktop.

Anonymous
Not applicable

... I also made sure my axis is continuous... still no luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I fixed it! Can't quite remember how... I think I changed the field name to "Year," removed all fields from the axis, put the field baclk in the axis and left the date heriarchy untouched, clicked out and back in to single line type, and poof. Despite what I read elsewhere, forecast does NOT work in an area chart

reset the heriarchy.JPG

Winning.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issue, but following what @Anonymous said, worked like a charm!

Thanks @Anonymous!

I am still facing this issue , I can't find forecast under analytical pane.

The x-axis must be a date field and type must be Continuous (intead of categorical.)

Also, you cannot have a Legend

Li
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue. No focasting in options and I have date in my x axis, and it says 'Analytics feature aren't avaliable for this visual'

a.JPG

b.JPG

J_R_Cribb
Helper I
Helper I

Hello, 

Was this issue resolved?

I too cannot see forecasting anywhere in the analytics pane. It also appears to be missing from the preview features in options.

Thank you, 

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@RasikaOgale

Please try as deldersveld said and it should work in that case.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Do you have a date field on the Axis? Forecast will only appear when using a date there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.