Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

perpor
Helper V
Helper V

Forecasting - export the values

I'm using the new forecast feature, using monthly or daily series.

(Interesting, previously I could not see the function but now with the suggestion in this post:
http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Forecasting-not-available-in-Options/td-p/115603

i.e. no fields in Legend area, and no filters, I can see it).

But for the values of forecast I can not export the data, only the historical points.

Are there some options that I can't see to do this? thanks

forecastdata.png

6 REPLIES 6
andreas_homme13

Hey there, I am trying to find out the same thing as you. Also, where did you find the data tab under the line graph with values? It would be really helpful to know, so I could try to solve our shared issue. :))

OlapOffice
Helper II
Helper II

I have been having the same issue and cannot work out why. Any direction would be useful.

Now resolved itself with no changes .... so think must have been a release issue, or I did totally reinstally PowerBi and possibly this corrected the issue. So do not know how it corrected itself.

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@perpor

As I tested, when your export the data from visual with Forcasting data in Power BI Desktop, it will not export the Forcasting data into file. However, if you publish the .pbix onto Power BI Service and export data from visual. It can export the Forcasting data properly.

4.PNG

5.PNG

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-sihou-msft, I am using Version: 2.55.5010.641 64-bit (February 2018), and even if I export the data from PowerBI service, I don't seem to get the forecasted data. Could you help me confirm this?

Thank you!

ok

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.