Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kmenon4321

Forecasting Future Values Based off Equations - Showing Future Dates and Values on an Axis

On a time series axis is it possible to forecast values into the future, while showing these values against a date.

That is, imagine there is a time series axis plotting data up until today's date.

I want an end user to be able to enter data directly into the report (against future dates) and watch the time series axis expand to include future values.

The use case being, if i was to do X tomorrow, Y the day after and Z the day after, how would my visual respond. 

The key is quick data entry - i know this could be done by ammending the model, the aim here is for limited interaction.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kmenon4321,

I'm afraid we can't enter data to a visual for now. There could be several workarounds.

1. The Line Chart has a Forcast line feature.

2. If the data to be entered is predictable, we can add them to a table in advance. Finally, we can put them in slicers. Users can select the options in the slicers.

3. If the data are numeric, we can put it in a "What If parameter".

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kmenon4321,

I'm afraid we can't enter data to a visual for now. There could be several workarounds.

1. The Line Chart has a Forcast line feature.

2. If the data to be entered is predictable, we can add them to a table in advance. Finally, we can put them in slicers. Users can select the options in the slicers.

3. If the data are numeric, we can put it in a "What If parameter".

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.