Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Forecast only works for single line?

I have a PBIX that contains a single line chart with time series on the X axis.  When I select a single product as a single line on the chart, the formatting feature works.  I have 2 issues.

1.  Although I can see the forecast lines into the future, I cannot see the values, even though I have turned on data labels.  I can see the values for the actuals, but no values for the forecasts.  Even if I go into focus mode, I can't "see data".  Yet if I "export data", the values are there.  

2.  If I add product to the legend (so there are say 2 lines), the forecasting stops working.

Are the things working as designed, or a bugs?

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MattAllington,

Q1: Yes, current power bi not support display the data label of trend line.

Q2: Based on test, when I add the legend to line chart, it still shows the trend line of total value, it can't analytics the trend line of each legend.

I think these issue more related to features, you can post them to ideas.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MattAllington,

Q1: Yes, current power bi not support display the data label of trend line.

Q2: Based on test, when I add the legend to line chart, it still shows the trend line of total value, it can't analytics the trend line of each legend.

I think these issue more related to features, you can post them to ideas.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.