Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NB3
Helper III
Helper III

Forecast for n merchants = $x sales volume

Hi everyone,

I need some help with a forecast I'm trying to create.

I have a table like this one:

Capture.PNG

What I want to do is create a forecast based on the data I have that we can choose for n merchants the sales volume is going to be $x.

Thanks everyone.

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NB3

Power BI provides a forecast feature for line charts. You can create a date type column based on Month column then use this date type column as line chart X-axis values. Select the line chart, go to Analytics pane, create a forecast line. To see forecast of each Merchant, you can add Merchant to a slicer visual. 

q1.PNGq2.PNG

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-analytics-pane#apply-forecasting

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msft thank you for your reply.

I wasn't clear in my first post sorry.

Each merchant belongs to a salesperson and what I want to know is for n merchants for a salesperson what's going to be the sales volume (the date doesn't really matter here).

The thing is when I create a count of merchants it just gives me 1 all along the X axis.

Thanks,

Hi @NB3

You can try to use R visual to predict the value. See: https://towardsdatascience.com/how-to-predict-values-from-a-custom-r-model-in-power-bi-3364f83b0015

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.