Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jmckentr
Frequent Visitor

Forecast Table - R script

I've been working with Power BI's forecasting abilities for the past week and want to know if there is a R script visual that will take the data generated by a Power BI forecast graph and display it in table form. Power Bi has this feature hidden if you click on 'see data' in the right-top tab.

I would like that data on the graph without haveing to look for it. If R script cannot refrence the table or make a table off of it, is there a way to forecast using forecasting in r script and have it display as a table?

Thanks in advance, hopefully I have some understanding when it comes to R script.

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jmckentr,

There is R forecast package to refers to the process of using statistical procedures to predict future values of a time series based on historical trends. In Power BI desktop, you can upload your resource data into table, then add the data as value level, type the following similar R script to create a R visual.

library(forecast)
dataset <- aggregate(Search ~ Date, data = dataset, FUN= sum)

# create a time series based on day of week
ts <- ts(dataset$Search, frequency=7)

# pull out the seasonal, trend, and irregular components from the time series (train the forecast model)
decom <- stl(ts, s.window = "periodic")

# plot the forecast model
plot(decom)

More details, please review and refer to the following articles.

Dynamic Forecasting With Power BI And R
Time Series Analysis using R – forecast package

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.