Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Force x axis value to appear from dimension table w/o value in fact table?

Is there anyway to "Force" the values on the x axis to appear from one (dimension) table, even if there are no values by which to count by for that particular dimension on a fact table?

So say my dimension table has years and quarters historically. And then say my fact table then has a measure for all years/quarters except a few of them. Right now Power BI will automatically remove the year/quarter dimensions for which no row exists in the fact table. Is there a way to show these year/quarters on the x axis with just a zero measure?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solved my own problem. I turned the original measure into a variable, returned that variable then used IF and ISBLANK functions to test if a value existed, if it didn't, it would return a 0, otherwise it would return the correct measure.

e.g. IF(ISBLANK(SUM(Measure)),0,SUM(Measure))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solved my own problem. I turned the original measure into a variable, returned that variable then used IF and ISBLANK functions to test if a value existed, if it didn't, it would return a 0, otherwise it would return the correct measure.

e.g. IF(ISBLANK(SUM(Measure)),0,SUM(Measure))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.