Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Force slicer selection based on other slicer

Hi all,

Here is the situation:

I have a financial report with multiple companies included that are part of a consolidation.

There are 2 slicers:

1) Company selector: company 1, 2, 3

2) Report view: "Statutory" (= the financials of the company) and "Intercompany" (some companies have transaction with each other so these should be eliminated from the consolidated view.

By default (if the user did not select any values in the slicers), the report shows the consolidated figures (statutory + intercompany eliminations) of all companies. So company 1 + 2 + 3 minus all intercompany transactions.

However, when the user selects a single company to check the financials of a single company, the selection of the statutory/intercompany slicer should be forced to statutory only. 
For a single company, the intercompany transaction should not be eliminated because it doesn't make sense.
Only when all companies are selected (or all unselected, which is the same result), then it should also select the intercompany option.

So my question is whether there is a way to force the selection in 1 slicer based on another one?

Usually I'm able to find the solution for other issues online, but not for this one... 🙂

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
prateekraina
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,

Check out this pbix file.

I have tried what you wanted to achieve. You can replicate the same in your file.

Make sure to turn on the Format > Edit Interaction and check which one I have turned off.

Let me know if you face any issues.

Prateek Raina

Hi, 

I'm struggling to replicate that. How do you make the other selections disappear once a selection in the primary slicer is made ? 

Raido. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.