Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

po
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Force inner join possible

Hi,

Have the following 

sales table with date on it

calendra table with date on it.

Calnedra has an entry for every date whereas sales has an entry only if sales on those dates.

tables linked on dates but calendar pulling back all rows.

How can we ensure only calendar rows with sales data are retrieved or filter out all rows from calendar with no sales data.

No inner join box on relationships setup.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @po

You may create relationship between the two tables as below. Then drag the calendar date column and sales data in one visual.

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @po

You may create relationship between the two tables as below. Then drag the calendar date column and sales data in one visual.

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for replies.

LivioLanzo
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @po

There is no INNER JOIN option. When you drop a measure which doesn't return any data (blank) the dimenion rows will be automatically filtered out

Did I answer your question correctly? Mark my answer as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

dedelman_clng
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you give some more information on how you are using the calendar and sales tables in a visual or in DAX? I have data with sporadic dates and cannot reproduce what you are describing.

dt.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.