Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Force a measure to ignore all page filters

My plan is to have two ratio measures, one which changes when a user applies filters, and one which remains the same which will act as the 'average'.
I've applied an ISFILTERED argument to the measure which filters, so it only appears when a slicer is applied to avoid two idential measures appearing on the page.

My problem is making the 'average' measure not filter. I  know I have to use ALL, but I don't know where/how.

Here is my measure, please help!
Customer Focus Ratio (Average) = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM('Customer Focus Checks'[Count]),'Customer Focus Checks'[Result]="Yes"),COUNT('Customer Focus Checks'[Result]))
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured it out, use ALLEXCEPT instead of ALL. Done.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Try one of the two options

Customer Focus Ratio (Average) = calculate(DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM('Customer Focus Checks'[Count]),'Customer Focus Checks'[Result]="Yes"),COUNT('Customer Focus Checks'[Result])),all('Customer Focus Checks'))

Customer Focus Ratio (Average) = calculate(DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM('Customer Focus Checks'[Count]),'Customer Focus Checks'[Result]="Yes"),COUNT('Customer Focus Checks'[Result])),allselected'Customer Focus Checks'))

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak I should have probably mentioned that there are three different items which get a "Yes" or "No" in the 'Customer Focus Checks' table, so the Average splits into three (see example)

Using your measure, it is creating a result of 29.2% for all three items. So I need measure to still break out into the 'Customer Focus Item' but then not move.

Can we add this to the measure?

Item    Average Ratio

FCR     89.2%

MAD   1.9%

Sales   6.2%

@Anonymous ,Can you share sample source data in table format? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am unable to share table format data in this website but I can take a screenshot so here you go @amitchandak 

The [Count] column totals the 'Yes' so I can create the Ratio
SUM of [Count] divided by COUNT of [Result] as a measure. 

Problem with ALL is it's working against the [Customer Focus Item] column within the table. I want it to still be split by this column when I include it in the visual, but then, simply never move from these numbers. 

Screenshot.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured it out, use ALLEXCEPT instead of ALL. Done.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.