Accepted Solution

For the gauge, how do I set the upper limit of the chart to a set value?

Hi,

I tried target value and maximum value. I have an index with values from 0 to .99 and I have a gauge that shows this value based on the states selected on a map. But the gauge always changes the upper limit to be double the value (so if NY has a value of .33, the gauge is half full and the upper limit is .66. If CA is .12, the gauge stays 50% full and the new upper limit changes to .24! I want the upper limit to stay fixed at 1. How is this possible!

Thanks,

Scott

Accepted Solutions
Established Member

Re: For the gauge, how do I set the upper limit of the chart to a set value?

The Gauge visual will automatically set the maximum at double to value number. To fix this you need to enter somthing in the maximum value tab. When I use this visual If i want a standard max value I will create a measure:

Max value = 1

This should do the trick for you. Let me know if it doesnt.

Thanks,

Giles

View solution in original post

All Replies
Established Member

The Gauge visual will automatically set the maximum at double to value number. To fix this you need to enter somthing in the maximum value tab. When I use this visual If i want a standard max value I will create a measure:

Max value = 1

This should do the trick for you. Let me know if it doesnt.

Thanks,

Giles

Thanks for trying, Giles. But that does not work. I created a field =1 and put it in max value and target value - neither of these does the trick. As such, I am assuming this is not a configurable value. Though the default display baffles me a bit - the value of a gauge is to show the relative positioning to a target value that is often fixed. for example, my 20 sales people have a target in this campaing of closing 20 leads, where does each stand against the 20?

Best,

Scott

Giles - you were right - I fixed my max value data and your suggestion was right on. Thanks! 

Frequent Visitor

I am having a similar problem.  My Actual Value has exceeded my Max Value I have set (I've went over my goal amount).  My Actual Value doubles.  Is there a way for this cyclinder visulazation to show I've exceeded my goal?

Thanks

Were you able to solve this issue?  I have the same problem where occassionaly the Value is greater than the Maximum Value.

Frequent Visitor

No, not yet Smiley Happy