Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the gauge, how do I set the upper limit of the chart to a set value?

Hi,

I tried target value and maximum value. I have an index with values from 0 to .99 and I have a gauge that shows this value based on the states selected on a map. But the gauge always changes the upper limit to be double the value (so if NY has a value of .33, the gauge is half full and the upper limit is .66. If CA is .12, the gauge stays 50% full and the new upper limit changes to .24! I want the upper limit to stay fixed at 1. How is this possible!

Thanks,

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilesWalker
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

The Gauge visual will automatically set the maximum at double to value number. To fix this you need to enter somthing in the maximum value tab. When I use this visual If i want a standard max value I will create a measure:

Max value = 1

This should do the trick for you. Let me know if it doesnt.

Thanks,

Giles

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GilesWalker
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

The Gauge visual will automatically set the maximum at double to value number. To fix this you need to enter somthing in the maximum value tab. When I use this visual If i want a standard max value I will create a measure:

Max value = 1

This should do the trick for you. Let me know if it doesnt.

Thanks,

Giles

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for trying, Giles. But that does not work. I created a field =1 and put it in max value and target value - neither of these does the trick. As such, I am assuming this is not a configurable value. Though the default display baffles me a bit - the value of a gauge is to show the relative positioning to a target value that is often fixed. for example, my 20 sales people have a target in this campaing of closing 20 leads, where does each stand against the 20?

Best,

Scott

Anonymous
Not applicable

Giles - you were right - I fixed my max value data and your suggestion was right on. Thanks! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having a similar problem.  My Actual Value has exceeded my Max Value I have set (I've went over my goal amount).  My Actual Value doubles.  Is there a way for this cyclinder visulazation to show I've exceeded my goal?

Thanks

Anyone have a fix for this? I have the same problem. 

Were you able to solve this issue?  I have the same problem where occassionaly the Value is greater than the Maximum Value.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, not yet 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.