Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wingmiester

Fomatting as percentage without measures or calc columns

Hi,

I have just started usiing Power BI and trying to create some simple charts. I have used SSRS previously do acheive a a similar thing.

I am using a SQL data source, which does appear to have some limitations, but I have got around that. However I seem to have a very simple problem which I can't resolve without using a measure or calculated column.

I have a Line and Stacked Column Chart. The line value is a decimal but I just want to show a '%' after the value. I don't want to be changing the column type in the query or anything like that, just want to show the '%' symbol after the number on my graph.

Graph.PNG

Its probably my vast inexperience with Power BI but can someone please help?

Thanks,

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @wingmiester,

In Power BI, there is no option for us to add the '%' symbol after the number directly without creating formulas. If you don't want to create the measure or calculated column,  you could create a custom column in Query Editor like below. 
custom column.PNG

After getting the custom column, then you could show % for the custom column in the Line and Stacked Column Chart. Here is the output.

show%.PNG

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @wingmiester,

In Power BI, there is no option for us to add the '%' symbol after the number directly without creating formulas. If you don't want to create the measure or calculated column,  you could create a custom column in Query Editor like below. 
custom column.PNG

After getting the custom column, then you could show % for the custom column in the Line and Stacked Column Chart. Here is the output.

show%.PNG

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the solution, it makes sense. I ended up simplifying the SQL and just formatting it as a percentage once I had created my query,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.