Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gerasimovav
Helper III
Helper III

Folders as datasource

Hello Colleagues.

I have this task:

There are 3 different folders: shipmentdata, orderdata. trasferdata. Each folder has many excel files with the same format. I have to combine it to one table for each folder.  The result must be 3 tables: shipmentdata, orderdata. trasferdata, which will consist of all excel files. So, if anybody add a new excel file to shipmentdatafolder new data should be added to shipmentdata table.

How can I do it?

Folders as datasource works with only the local folders. But I must work with shared folders, because a lot of people will add new files to these folders.

We have office365. I've made 3 folders in my OneDrive for Business. But I don't know how to connect to this folders from PowerBI Desktop. I've also made 3 folders in Sharepoint Site, and tried to connect using "Sharepoint Folder". But I saw all excel files in one folder instead of three.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi gerasimovav,

You can do this using sharepoint folder connector in power bi desktop. This blog clarify some details about how to achieve this.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi gerasimovav,

You can do this using sharepoint folder connector in power bi desktop. This blog clarify some details about how to achieve this.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

@v-yuta-msft that's it! Thanks a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.