Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Focus Mode Bug

Hello, when I press the focus mode button in my report in Web or Desktop, the visualization overlap.
Any possible solution?

Push focus Mode.

Regards, and thank you very much

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get the same bug as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I had the same problem and I found a solution !

You have to send the items backward => Send to back

and it disappears from the focus mode !

Have a good day !

Focus mode.PNG

dharland
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

UPDATE: I reverted to the version of PBI Desktop release BEFORE April 2019 and the problem occurs with that version as well. THIS IS A SIGNIFICANT PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same problem here and I'm using the latest version of PBI Desktop. The bug is inconsistent but seems to corrupt the page where it occurs. Bug follows through to reports published to the Service as well.

Select Focus Mode from Matrix Visual

Unrelated objects are visible

project

I have the same problem.

https://imgur.com/a/xCGkMSu

https://imgur.com/UkOAMqP

I tried changing the objects order on the Selection Panel. It did not help at all. I tried to delete the table and insert a new one and the issue continues to happen. 

It seems that when this behavior starts to happen on a page, all new visual elements that you add after will overlap. The same report might have only one page that this issue happens. It started to happen after the April19 Update. 

I'm not sure if it is related, but it started to happen after I used formulas for dynamically change the title of a visual element.

If I create a new report, the bug won't happen right away. But after you insert a lot of visual elements, it starts to happen. I could not find the trigger yet, but with me, I was working one day with the report and everything was normal. I had around 80 visual items on this page (I created a menu that shows and hides items according to the selection). I then saved and published this report. Next day, powerBI desktop uptades (for the second time) to the April Update and then, all visuals I added later started to appear overlaped on that page. If I copy items and paste them on a new page, the overlaping may or may not continue.

Any suggestions?

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test, it could work on my side, could you have checked your version of your desktop:

Version: 2.68.5432.361 64-bit (April 2019)

And could you have tried with other browser(edge, chrome, IE)?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI,

I have a Versión: 2.67.5404.981 64-bit (marzo de 2019). 

I'm going to try to update, I do not think it's a browser problem, it also happens with powerbi desktop.

When I update notice about whether it has been fixed.

THX

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem continues.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry, I could not reproduce your problem, I suggest you create a support ticket to get further help:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.