Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jolly123
Frequent Visitor

Flow Map

Hello,

I have about 50,000 rows of data that have an origin city state zip and destination city state zip for each row of data. I am trying to use the Flow Map to show the whole network for each row of data from its origin to destination, but it's taking forever to load the map, even with the cache button turned on under the Advanced setting.

I also tried summarizing the data to narrow it down to the unique origin & destination pair (so for example, if the data has 500 rows going from New York to Boston, it will be 1 row instead of 500 rows when I run the map (which cut down the data from 50,000 rows to about 4,000 rows), but it's still taking a long time to load.

Also, whenever I change to a different tab and go back to the same tab where I already loaded the map up previously, the map will still then takes time to load again.

Does anyone have any recommendation/suggestion for the map to load faster? or is there a different map that will do the same thing but work faster for data that has an Origin and Destination pair?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jolly123 ,

Try to refer to the link.

Optimization guide for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If the configuration of your local computer is too poor, you can consider putting the data on the cloud server and using the Direct Query or Live Connection mode. In these two models, the queries are calculated in the data source.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jolly123 ,

Try to refer to the link.

Optimization guide for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If the configuration of your local computer is too poor, you can consider putting the data on the cloud server and using the Direct Query or Live Connection mode. In these two models, the queries are calculated in the data source.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.