Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AlanRGroskreutz
Helper II
Helper II

Flow Map Lat/Long not appearing

I have created a Flow map visual, with the origin and destination Latitude, Longitude and name fileds filled in, but nothing is showing up on the map.

The 6 columns are all in the same table, the Latitude and Longitude columns are defined as Latitude and Longitude accordingly, but still nothing.  Changing the summarize on the latitude and longitude columns to summarize or not summarize doesn't seem to have any effect.

AlanRGroskreutz_0-1637068635679.png

Since these are navigation waypoints, the Origin and Destination fields at the top of the list of fields are not used since they aren't defining cities or countries.   I don't know how to insert the .pbix file, or I would add that as well.

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DataVitalizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @AlanRGroskreutz 

When the Origin name and Destination name are not mentioned it looks that flow map does not visual data, Otherwise it looks you are already using these fields, please make sure they are in the right place + verify whether you can select average instead of sum for coordinates fields 

Did it work ? 👌Mark it as a solution to help spreading knowledge 👉A kudos would be appreciated

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Nzellers
Regular Visitor

Im still not able to get the chart to work. I changed the Summarization method and added in the Destination and origin names. Any help would be great!

DataVitalizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @AlanRGroskreutz 

When the Origin name and Destination name are not mentioned it looks that flow map does not visual data, Otherwise it looks you are already using these fields, please make sure they are in the right place + verify whether you can select average instead of sum for coordinates fields 

Did it work ? 👌Mark it as a solution to help spreading knowledge 👉A kudos would be appreciated

Thanks, that seems to have done it.

Only additional thing is that after re-classifying them to use the average (minimum also works) I had to remove the Lat/Long fields from the visual and re-insert them before the would not use the sum.  Took me a day to figure that one out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.