Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yg

Flitering on multiple visuals based on selections on different visuals

Hi, i'm new to power bi and was wondering if it is possible to filter two different pie charts based on the selection of two different bar charts?  When I select a bar on the second bar chart it automaticaly remove the filter on the first pie chart and apply the new filter on the second pie chart.  

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@yg

In this scenario, I think the issue should be the relationship design in your model. If the field you put in the pie charts can be sliced by the selection field in those two bar charts. The filter should not be cleared. For example, you have one bar chart for "Internet Sales by Year", another bar chart for "Internet Sales by Product", and a pile chart with "Reseller" measure populated. If your Reseller Fact table contains both Date, Product key column, and build the relationships to DimDate and DimProduct properly, your Reseller measure should be sliced properly when you select in both charts.

89.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BenEaton
Frequent Visitor

I've not found a way to do that, but you could add a slicer in place/addition to one of the bar charts?  That way you could filter one and the other together.

The pie chart must represent the values of the selected stacked bar(s).  Not sure I could do it with a slicer.

Thanks! 

@yg

In this scenario, I think the issue should be the relationship design in your model. If the field you put in the pie charts can be sliced by the selection field in those two bar charts. The filter should not be cleared. For example, you have one bar chart for "Internet Sales by Year", another bar chart for "Internet Sales by Product", and a pile chart with "Reseller" measure populated. If your Reseller Fact table contains both Date, Product key column, and build the relationships to DimDate and DimProduct properly, your Reseller measure should be sliced properly when you select in both charts.

89.PNG

Regards,

In my scenario, while click on the chart the rest chart are reflect the data accordingly, let replace the reseller chart in your example by Sales Representative Volume Contribution which have SR1, SR2, SR3, SR4, I need the see the data by year in Calendar chart  of SR2 and Category is Bike. It seem we can not select both SR2 and Bike in 2 seperates charts as the filter combination. Can we do that?

If not already out there, this would make a fine Idea, "sticky" visual filters. https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.