Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Daanneut
Regular Visitor

Fliter on show items with no data

I have a table where I have a list of tasks that need to be done, linked to dates of my teams agenda different source table

Now the interesting thing is to see what tasks are not assigned yet by date and who.

I can see them when I ask show items with no data, but then I only want to see those task with no corresponding date assigned or person assigned to it from the agenda. When I add a filter on date is empty or blank or assigned to is blank/empty the whole table goes away. When I use an advanced filter show items when value is not blank it will filter out all the blanks, when I filter is blank again whole table is empty. 

8 REPLIES 8
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Daanneut , Assume your task in table1 Table1[Task] and related data in table 2 say Table2[Date]

Then create a measure like this and plot with Table1[Task] , if these are related tables, for tasks with no record 

calculate(if(isblank(count(Table2[Date]))),1, blank())

Hi, thank you for your reply! So the tasks come from a different source then the date and assigned I linked them because in the agenda we assign the same task names to a date and person. I have noticed we are missing out we think we have assigned tasks but it is in no persons agenda. Now I can see the task that have no corresponding date/person assigned to them but also I see all that have. And I wanted it to be clean and only show the tasks that did not get assigned. Problem is that my Agenda source does not have empty items because it does not yet exist

@Daanneut ,Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

filter1 - Power BI Desktop.pngFilter 3 power bi.png

Hi @amitchandak,

For sure I can share data and show not sure how though??

The data is not sensitive.

Hi @amitchandak 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/txz2ljyke1sl94k/AD%20data%202021%20rev3.pbix?dl=0 

This is the complete file I am mainly working now on page 1 to try and work it out

@Daanneut , upload of onedrive or dropbox and share a link

Hi Amitchandak,

Still strugeling with this issue I have a full report were I have the list of taks that did not yet get a execution date. But still would only like to show the ones that do not have that date. Not all taks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.