Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mafaber
Helper II
Helper II

Flagging entire category if one item is flagged

Hi,

I have two tables, one dim table indicating if an item is shortage item or not, and a fact table containing all orders (items).

The slight twist is that some items must be delivered together thus if even one item within a delivery group is shortage item, I want to see all the other item in that delivery group flagged.

So I have an item column with the list of items, I have a shortage flag per item in a related dim table and a delivery group category column. If a single row is flagged, all the rows with the same delivery group number should be flagged (0 or 1 for example).

I appreciate the help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mafaber 

If i understand you correctly, you could create a calculated column

new flag = var sums=CALCULATE(SUM(dim[flag]),FILTER(dim,dim[group]=EARLIER(dim[group]))) return IF(sums>=1,1,0)

Capture1.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mafaber 

If i understand you correctly, you could create a calculated column

new flag = var sums=CALCULATE(SUM(dim[flag]),FILTER(dim,dim[group]=EARLIER(dim[group]))) return IF(sums>=1,1,0)

Capture1.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.