Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Aman83
Regular Visitor

Flag Selected Row

Hi, I am trying to flag a row in a table where the selector value matches in the table row. I don't want to filter the table with the selector value, I just want to highlight/flag that the selector value matches the value of the category when it appears in the table.

Is this possible in Power BI?

Capture.PNG 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello Aman,

yes you are able to do that with the SelectedValue Function and conditional formatting.

Here is an Example

If it was helpful to you pleaaassse mark it as the solution and share some kudos

Have a nice day Aman,

BR,

Josef

View solution in original post

Calculated Columns are "created/calculated/stored" at processing time.

Measures are  calculated at runtime. 

Therefore it won't work with Calculated Columns -> The column wouldn't get your slicing since it was created before you started to to do it

BR,

Josef

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello Aman,

yes you are able to do that with the SelectedValue Function and conditional formatting.

Here is an Example

If it was helpful to you pleaaassse mark it as the solution and share some kudos

Have a nice day Aman,

BR,

Josef

Hi @JosefPrakljacic 

That is exactly what I was after, awesome!

The response you provided was very speedy too.

Just a question and apologies if this demonstrates my level of skill.... Could this be applied to a calculated column instead of a measure so that it could be used as a flag?

Kind Regards

Aman

Calculated Columns are "created/calculated/stored" at processing time.

Measures are  calculated at runtime. 

Therefore it won't work with Calculated Columns -> The column wouldn't get your slicing since it was created before you started to to do it

BR,

Josef

Thank you @JosefPrakljacic 

Have a great day, best wishes!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.