Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HUlm1
Helper I
Helper I

Fixed rental rate over 100 days or more displayed as a sum per calendar month

We have plant which may be rented for several months.  We have a daily rental rate (because months are different lengths).  Assuming I don't yet have an END Date I would like to present a bar chart from the Start Date until TODAY of the monthly with the correct number of days per month.  Assuming a daily rate of £50 over 30 days that would be £1500.  The next month might be £1550 etc.  I am using a Fiscal Calendar so I hope this can all fit neatly in my Fiscal quarter etc.  I'm not sure which date in the Asset Rental Table to link to the Fiscale Date Calendar.  Perhaps Start Date?

I have looked at the solution on this forum for car rental days per month.  I think this is close to what I need but would produce lots of very long extra tables (or so it appears).  I wondered if it was possible to resolve a monthly Sum without creating a row on a table for every day, just a calculated figure per month.

To compound that, I may have four or five separate plants on a site so I would like to calculate a sum of all the plant together (as well) (though their rental periods may be slightly different!)

I hope that the above makes some kind of sense!
Thanks in hope

2 REPLIES 2
v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Could you please share some data sample here by screenshot if convenient?

Remember to remove any sensitive data.

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

When you want deal with dates like start and end , this blog will help :https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

But for solution to your problem, can you share sample data and sample output. If possible please share a sample pbix file after removing sensitive information.

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution.
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

Thanks. My Recent Blogs -Decoding Direct Query - Time Intelligence, Winner Coloring on MAP, HR Analytics, Power BI Working with Non-Standard TimeAnd Comparing Data Across Date Ranges
Connect on Linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.