Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fixed Width Query from Text Loading Multiple Rows Into one cell

I am having an issue loading data from a fixed width text file. I noticed that i was not getting a matching record count ~200k of the ~1.8M records were missing. Scrolling through the data I found some abnormal rows. In some cases entire rows of data were being loading into one field on the last column of a row. I check the source file for alignment issues or special characters that may be throwing it off, but could not find any. If anyone has run across this before and could share the root cause, it would be hugely appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Query Loading problem.jpg

While choosing the file initially fixed with has been selected ? was preview ok for the first few rows.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amit,

Yes, the initial preveiw looked fine. In fact the error did not occur until the end of the file. The screen shot I shared is the preview, but sorted in decending order. (The print screen is in a reply to my original post because I had an issue getting it into my original post).

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.