Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Crydus
Helper I
Helper I

Fix colors in dynamic stacked chart

Hello, 

currently I am working on a quality report for my company and here I have a problem with the colors. 

I want to create a clustered stacked chart where I can see the amount of claims per status and per month. 
In the past we used the months as the x-axis and the status category was stacked, but now we want to see the overall amount per status and not per month - so I switched both to have the status as the x-axis and the months stacked (here I am only using 3 to 5 months for better visibility). 

This results in a dynamic behaviour of the stacks, which then has the problem that the color palette of the stacks is "all over the place". 

Is there any way to fix the colors for each month so that each month has the same color regardless of the year? We are using a customized color palette for the reports, otherwise I wouldn't mind the colors. 

Unfortunately I can't easily provide any examples to show what I mean, so I hope that I have provided enough context for you to understand my problem. 
I would be grateful for any help 🙂 

Best regards, 

Tobias

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Crydus , Conditional formatting is nor supported on the stacked . You can try to give hard-coded color bu that will change with filters

vote for idea or log new one -https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

View solution in original post

Hello @Crydus ,

By design, colors are assigned to dynamic values on a first-come, first-served basis. Charging time can affect this.

If you use the legend field, conditional formatting will not work.

Choose one of the two to see which one is better.

You clould also vote for this idea.

Best regards
Liang
If this post helps, then consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Crydus , Conditional formatting is nor supported on the stacked . You can try to give hard-coded color bu that will change with filters

vote for idea or log new one -https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Okay, then I have to find a workaround to this problem. 
My hope was, that there is a solution to this, hopefully something like this will be added in the future. 

Thank you! 

Hello @Crydus ,

By design, colors are assigned to dynamic values on a first-come, first-served basis. Charging time can affect this.

If you use the legend field, conditional formatting will not work.

Choose one of the two to see which one is better.

You clould also vote for this idea.

Best regards
Liang
If this post helps, then consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

Thank you, for your answer. 
I need the stacked chart, as we need to show the distribution per month.. 

In general this shouldn't be a problem, as the theme colors should be used but Power BI seems to struggle with customized colors and themes, hopefully this will be fixed in the future. 
As for now, it seems that the data set is "choosing" the colors starting with 01.2020, so from Janurary 2020 to August 2020 the colors are fine, and from there onward the colors shift to the wrong palette, I don't know why Power BI chooses January 2020 as starting point, but I assumed that it does so because 2020 is the current year. If that is true, the problem won't be that big, but I don't know. 

Best regards, 

Tobias

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.