Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

okusai3000
Helper IV
Helper IV

Fix Index on a Matrix

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get a very simple thing but sadly I cannot succeed. I simply want to have an index column starting by 1, that would not be affected by any header.

In other words, here we have a matrix:

Captura 2.PNG

The Nº column was based on the rank function, and this one, on the YTD. This solution it's not what I want because If I click on Prior YTD, the ranking will change.

I just would like that the Nº column to stay FIX at 1, 2, 3, even after sorting by YTD, %YTD, etc.

What should I do?

Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @okusai3000 

As tested, when clicking on the other headers of the matrix, the rank sort would change accordingly.

One way to protect the "N" column to be reflected by other columns->

add a "Shape" on the "YTD..." measures/columns' headers, so when click on these headers, it would not change the rank sort.

Another way->

create a rank by mutilple measures /columns

Ranking on Multiple Measures

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Magie,

The idea of inserting a shape doesn't help because I would like to be able to press those headers to re order everything according to that criteria. 

is that dificult what I'm asking?

Thanks!!

Hi @okusai3000 

It seems impossible.

When wen click on one header, the table will be sorted by that column.

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.