Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dohscott

Fitler + look up value

I am working through a dashboard within power BI and we are running into the following problem:

We are attempting to look up the values on a matrix table:

National sales performance        99%  100% 101%

Personal Performance

99%                                                                   100% 99%  98%

100%                                                                 101% 100% 99%

101%                                                                 102% 101% 100%            

I first unpivoted the information so that for every National performance there was a unique value for Personal performance and the payout multiplier.

I then looked to filter the table and run a lookup on the data table using the following dax equation.

Objective:

- Filter unpivoted table by the National performance column using "Performance %" 

- Look up the payout multiplier, using the Personal "Performance %"

Filtered Lookup = CALCULATE(LOOKUPVALUE('Grid  - Viberzi Capped 150'[Payouts],'Grid  - Viberzi Capped 150'[Personal],[Performance %]),Filter(All('Grid  - Viberzi Capped 150'),'Grid  - Viberzi Capped 150'[National] = [Performance %]))

The above equation is not providing a result.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@dohscott

I still can't understand your requirement and table structure. But I'm pretty sure it's not possible to "lookup" value with filter condition. 

Can you share some sample data so that we can see if there's other approach?

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.