Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fit to width Line chart

Hi there, I have a 3 room temperature datas and 1 outdoor temperature data, each recorded for every minute for 7 days. Totally 10080 rows of data. I have created a line chart to compare the room temperatures with outdoor temperature. As this has huge data, i need to scroll to see the rest of the graph. Is there a way to fit all these data into a single page to compare the temperatures  without scrolling? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @Anonymous 

According to your sample picture, it seems like the time period between the Start and End you set is over 7 days.

v-robertq-msft_0-1615775229754.png

You can try to go to the X-axis setting to set the Start as “2021-01-02” and the End as “2021-01-08”.

v-robertq-msft_1-1615775229760.png

To avoid the aggregation value in your line chart, you can try to set the Date column in your line chart like this:

v-robertq-msft_2-1615775229764.png

If you still have a problem, you can post your sample pbix file (without sensitive data) so that we can help you in advance.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

According to your description, you said you have 10080 rows of data and you want to make them displayed on one single page, I think paginated reports in Power BI can perfectly meet your requirement, you can follow these documents:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports/paginated-reports-report-builder-power-bi

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports/paginated-reports-faq

屏幕截图 2021-03-11 170648.png

If you still have a problem, you can reply to me.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-robertq-msft ,

Thanks for your reply. I don't want paginated reports as tables. I need a line chart with date and time in X axis and temperature readings in Y axis. Here is the data. The temperature is recorded for every minute for 7 days.  

Screenshot (38).png

I have created time tables and date tables to create a link. I need a chart like this.  

Image.png

When I try to make line chart, I'm getting data for every minute of all 7 days. Instead, I need it for 24 hours of each day. 

Screenshot (37).png

Is it possible to create a line chart showing all 7 day values with date and time? 

How can I solve this? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi, @Anonymous 

According to your description and sample picture, I can understand your requirement clearly. I think you can go to the “Format” setting of this line chart->X-Axis->set the Start and End date of this chart to go across all the 7 days, like this:

v-robertq-msft_0-1615527747918.png

And you can get what you want.

More info about line chart in Power BI

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-robertq-msft 

Thanks. I've tried this. I ended up with the below graph which is giving me the aggregated values. 

Joshni-infant_0-1615549244478.png

But, all I need is the exact temperature values. If I drill down to next level in the hierachy, I am getting the graph with date, time and exact values without aggregation which is what I need. 

Joshni-infant_1-1615549526494.png

But, since I have data recorded for every 1 minute for 7 days, I am getting only 1 hour of data in the report view of the chart and I need to scroll to see the rest. Is there a way to see all the datas in a single page without scrolling to check for maximum and minimum values for all 7 days? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi, @Anonymous 

According to your sample picture, it seems like the time period between the Start and End you set is over 7 days.

v-robertq-msft_0-1615775229754.png

You can try to go to the X-axis setting to set the Start as “2021-01-02” and the End as “2021-01-08”.

v-robertq-msft_1-1615775229760.png

To avoid the aggregation value in your line chart, you can try to set the Date column in your line chart like this:

v-robertq-msft_2-1615775229764.png

If you still have a problem, you can post your sample pbix file (without sensitive data) so that we can help you in advance.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.