Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fiscal year projected sales in a card

Hi @amitchandak ,

I have a FY which starts in July and ends in June. My Fiscal calendar is set up in such a way that it shows future dates until 2024 and its unpredictable as we dont have a fix future date., by next refresh the future dates might change. 

I have a requirments where I have to show current FY - 2021 and Future  FY 2022  projected sales in a cards.

once current FY is over, then my cards should show FY 2022 as current and FY 2023 as future.

Based on few of your post and blogs , I calculated the rank for year, and based on that calculated the fy 2021 projected sales and fy 2022 projected sales.

However, since my fiscal calendater dates keeps on changing as mentioned earlier, my formula do not work.. and the Max rank in the below formula shows the highest year in my fiscal calendar. 

I use this formula:

FY 2021=

Var data13= CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Projected Sales]), FILTER(ALL('Calendar'),'Calendar'[Fiscal-Year_Rank]=max(Calendar[Fiscal-Year_Rank])-1))
Return
(Data13)

FY 2022=

Var data1= CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Projected Sales]), FILTER(ALL('Calendar'),'Calendar'[Fiscal-Year_Rank]=max(Calendar[Fiscal-Year_Rank])))
Return
(Data1)

Any help? how should I handle this?

2 REPLIES 2
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Create a Financial Year slicer and select 2020-21 in that slicer.  Write these measures

Sales = SUM(Table[Projected Sales])

Next year sales = calculate([sales],nextyear(calendar[Date]))

Does this work?

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Ashish_Mathur ,

Thanks for providing me the solutions. However, this is imposing the hard filter and having this is working for only current FY 2021. 

Any help tweaking this ?

@jdbuchanan71 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.