Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CNH
Helper I
Helper I

Fiscal year - Area Chart, by Week

Area Chart by WeeknumberArea Chart by Weeknumber 

The aforemention is an area chart that deplicts data by week number.

However as the data is for a Fiscal year beginning in July, the use of week number is not correct, ie data for January – May 2018 is showing before the data from July – December 2017

I have created week numbers as follows - Week Number = WEEKNUM([Date],2)

My questions are:

1. How to sequence data July- December 2017 and then follow it January to June 2018, and

2. Rather than showing week number, 0, 10, 20, etc how can I get it to show a date, eg 1 Jul 2017, 1 Sep 2017, 1 Jan 2018, 1 Mar 2018

The data that is visualised on a daily basis is:

Fiscal YTD Performance BY DAYFiscal YTD Performance BY DAY

Whilst I am happy with the daily visualisation, it takes an inordinate amount of time to view on a Dashboard when I am away from my computer, hence I am trying to streamline the data that is used in the visualisation to make it more efficient.

Any help suggestions will be welcomed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After further research I have found a solution to my problem by cresting a "Week Ending Column" by  using this formula

Dates[Date]+(7-Dates[*** Weekday Number])

PowerBI#4.png

This achieves the outcome I am after. A bit of perserverance pays off Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CNH
Helper I
Helper I

I have progressed on this issue with the creation of a new column as follows:

WeekYearOrder = Year([Date])*100 + WEEKNUM([Date],2).

This produces the following chart. The issue is that the chart is inserting in a range covering 201754 to 201800 which produces the erroneous flat line in the following chart.

PowerBI#3.png

Any advice on  how to eliminate this would be welcome.

Alternatively is there another way to approach this issue.

After further research I have found a solution to my problem by cresting a "Week Ending Column" by  using this formula

Dates[Date]+(7-Dates[*** Weekday Number])

PowerBI#4.png

This achieves the outcome I am after. A bit of perserverance pays off Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.