Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

Fiscal date type in SSAS (mdx) and default Power BI default slicer behaviour

In the slicer you now have functionality to handle a range of dates with start and end range

For dates of where the type is set to fiscal date type in the properties of SSAS (mdx version) they dont seem to be picked up by the slicer as a date and therefore list all dates which is rather annoying rather than the range anyone had this issue and know how to resolve it?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi for anyone who might be interested, i figured out the issue.

When connecting to SSAS Power BI seems to create a new field called DateField.value underneath the DateField and this is the field one needs to use for using date functionality on certain visuals such as the slicer.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vanessafvg,

It's hard for us to understand your issue.  Could you please elaborate your issue, if possible provide us some sample data, so that we can make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

hi if you know SSAS you will understand the issue probably?  in SSAS when you set your datatypes, you can also set your usage type for dates, whether calendar of fiscal.  What i want to konw is dates set as dates in SSAS, why are they not being picked up as date types in Power BI?

Hi for anyone who might be interested, i figured out the issue.

When connecting to SSAS Power BI seems to create a new field called DateField.value underneath the DateField and this is the field one needs to use for using date functionality on certain visuals such as the slicer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.