Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

intern56
Frequent Visitor

Fiscal Year to Year Change as a Percentage

Hello I am trying to find Year to Year change in sales data as a percentage and I am not quite sure how to go about the solution. One of the issues is that our Fiscal year starts on April 1st (ends March 31st) and so I do not know how to capture that. Additionally we do not have sales every day so I do not think I can use ParralelPeriod or SamePeriodLastYear. An example of what I am looking for is below:

# of Orders                                                                                                   Percent Change in Orders

FY1   |     FY2      |    FY 3                                                                                           FY1    |     FY2      |    FY 3

Region 1:         1            2                 1                                   Becomes                    Region 1:        --           100%        -50%

Region 2:         2            3                 1                                                                     Region 2:         --           150%        -33%

I have a table called Data. Data has the Order Date, Order Quantity, and Fiscal Year (ex: 10B is 2010, 11B is 2011).

I also created a Calendar table as other discussions suggested but I am not entirely sure how to use it to my advantage (or if I can use it).

Any help would be great.                                               

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello,

Unforutnately I can not share some of my data. I realize that I made a mistake in Region 2 as it should be a 150% and then -66% (not -33%). 

I did however fix my solution by using my calendar table which has every date between my min and max date.

View solution in original post

@intern56,

Glad to hear that the issue is solved, you can accept your reply as answer, that way, other community members would easily find the answer when they get same issues.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@intern56,

Could you please share sample data of your Data table and post expected result based on the Data table?

In your sample, you mention Region field, does the field exist in your data table? And how do you calculate percent change for Region 2(150%, -33%)?

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

Unforutnately I can not share some of my data. I realize that I made a mistake in Region 2 as it should be a 150% and then -66% (not -33%). 

I did however fix my solution by using my calendar table which has every date between my min and max date.

@intern56,

Glad to hear that the issue is solved, you can accept your reply as answer, that way, other community members would easily find the answer when they get same issues.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.