Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jeremyh
Frequent Visitor

Fiscal Year to Date Table calculating to Completed Fiscal Month

Hello.

Can someone please help me with a Solution to generate a Fiscal Month To Date Table for a Fiscal/Financial Year Beginning in July (Fiscal Year = 1 July to 30 June)

I only want to calculate up to the end of the last full Month and populate a table as follows without updating filters month to month

Example, if the Current Date was Mid June, I’d want to return the table shown in the picture. I have defined Fiscal Month Number in my Date/Calendar Table (July = 1, June = 12) and have set Sort Order by this to produce the this table

Jeremyh_0-1626065328799.png

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Jeremyh , Try a measure like

Meausre =
var _max = if(today() = eomonth(today(),0) , today(), eomonth(today(),1-) )
var _year = if(month(_max) <=6, year(today()) -1,year(today()))
var _min = date(year,7,1)
return
calculate(Sum(Table[Value]), filter(Table, Table[Date] >=_min & Table[Date] <=Max))

Thank you for your reply but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I’ve had a bit of time to rethink the approach with a clearer description for what I’m trying to achieve.

Now that I am 2 Whole Months into the new Fiscal Year (Beginning July 1st) it’s easier to show what I want.

I already have a Date Calendar with the Number of the Fiscal Month. For Example, September is the 3rd Fiscal Month

Jeremyh_0-1631592839977.png

What I want is a simple Dax Statement for the [Latest Fiscal Month] so that I can use the in this following DAX

Jeremyh_1-1631592839987.png

So that I can get my table to not calculate results Greater than the current Fiscal Month. Eg.

Jeremyh_2-1631592839999.png

Any Help with this would be very much appreciated. Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.