Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fiscal Date sort for line graph

The companies Fiscal year is October to Sept and I have the Fiscal Month working for all visuals on the report except Line Graph

I want to see left to right Oct, Nov, Dec............ Sept

But the only sort options I get are Value or Fiscal Month (Alphabetically) .... both of these do not meet the requirement 

I can use month number and offset, but I need the month name displayed 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

According to your description, I guess that you want to make the data in your line chart be sorted by the Month number (left to right Oct, Nov, Dec............ Sept), I think you can create an index column for your [Fiscal Month] column and use the “Sort by column” function in Power BI to sort the data in the line chart, like this:

v-robertq-msft_0-1615186191084.png

You can refer to this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-sort-by-column#sort-using-the-sort-by-column-button

If you can not figure out how to achieve your requirement using this function, you can post some sample data or your test pbix file(without sensitive data) and your expected result.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

According to your description, I guess that you want to make the data in your line chart be sorted by the Month number (left to right Oct, Nov, Dec............ Sept), I think you can create an index column for your [Fiscal Month] column and use the “Sort by column” function in Power BI to sort the data in the line chart, like this:

v-robertq-msft_0-1615186191084.png

You can refer to this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-sort-by-column#sort-using-the-sort-by-column-button

If you can not figure out how to achieve your requirement using this function, you can post some sample data or your test pbix file(without sensitive data) and your expected result.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You can get the calendar and script at

Creating Financial Calendar - From Any Month
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Creating-Financial-Calendar-Decoding-Date-and-Calendar-1-5-Power/ba-p/1187441

I have given all 12 month start calendar with correct month sort

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply, I have managed to fix this issue last week with the help of Google

Hi, @Anonymous 

Glad to hear that you have sloved your problem by yourself, would you like to share some experience and mark your own reply as a solution or just mark your own reply as a solution so that others can learn from it too?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.