Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tuan
Helper III
Helper III

Fiscal Calendar - Quarter To Date

I'm having trouble with my Quarter to Date formula not working. I'm trying to make a dynamic QTD formula.

This is what I came up with. I'm guessing if there no sales on the specific date, there are no visible sales.

QTD $ = 
VAR CurrentQuarter =
CALCULATE (
       MAX (DIM_DATE[fin_quarter_no] ),
       DIM_DATE[financial_date] = TODAY ()
 )
RETURN
    CALCULATE ( [Demand $], DIM_DATE[fin_quarter_no] = CurrentQuarter 

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Tuan , If your QTR start with Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct (irrespective of which qtr no they are), You can use datesQTD with date table

QTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESQTD(('Date'[Date])))
Last QTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESQTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,QUARTER)))

Last year same QTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESQTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year)))

for any other you need Qtr start date and Qtr Day and Qtr rank column

new columns in date tabke 

Qtr Start Date = DATEADD(STARTOFYEAR('Date'[Date],"4/30"),QUOTIENT(DATEDIFF('Date'[Start Of Year], 'Date'[Date],MONTH),3)*3,MONTH) //choose end of year of your choice in place for 4/30
Qtr Day = DATEDIFF('Date'[Qtr Start Date],'Date'[Date],Day)+1
Qtr Rank = RANKX(all('Date'),'Date'[Qtr Start date],,ASC,Dense)

measure like
This Qtr = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Qtr Rank]=max('Date'[Qtr Rank])))
Last Qtr = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Qtr Rank]=max('Date'[Qtr Rank])-1))

This QTD = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Qtr Rank]=max('Date'[Qtr Rank]) && [Qtr Day] <=max([Qtr Day])))
Last QTD = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Qtr Rank]=max('Date'[Qtr Rank])-1 && [Qtr Day] <=max([Qtr Day])))

Creating Financial Calendar - From Any Month
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Creating-Financial-Calendar-Decoding-Date-and-Calend...

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

Please provide your feedback comments and advice for new videos
Tutorial Series Dax Vs SQL Direct Query PBI Tips
Appreciate your Kudos.

Tuan
Helper III
Helper III

I think i fixed it using <= sign. If anyone has a better method i would love to know.

DIM_DATE[financial_date] <= TODAY ()

It works with my Quarter to Date but not my month to date.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.