Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

irnm8dn
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Fiscal Calendar Join with Two Datasets? Data Modeling Question

I have two datasets that I need to resolve back to a single fiscal calendar.  The datasets themselves represent a set of summary information, the other a higher granularity of the summary information.

As an example one of my datasets would classify produce by "Category", Citrus, Melon, Berries, Tropical.  The second dataset would include "Category", but show granualrity of "Fruit Type" as well.  (In Citrus for example as Oranges, Grapefruits, Lemons, Tangerines).

In the relationships option in Power BI, it identifies the relationship between these two tables by "Category", however for my purposes I need to resolve both datasets to my fiscal calendar allowing me to show when the "Category" was created, and when the "Fruit Type" was created by Fical Year.

So, how do I connect the Fiscal Calendar dataset to each of the other two datasets?  As I need to summarize sales by Category and Fruit Type to my Fiscal Calendar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@irnm8dn,

With a date relationship, you may write DAX using RELATED Function and RELATEDTABLE Function to achieve your goal.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@irnm8dn,

With a date relationship, you may write DAX using RELATED Function and RELATEDTABLE Function to achieve your goal.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.