Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

First time fix

Hello,

I am new to PowerBI and I'd like to ask for a help with creating the following DAX function. Data set example:

Installation number        Service ticket number         ST date created         ST date closed

1234                                123313                               1/1/2019                     2/1/2019 

123545                               3/1/2019                     3/1/2019

123333                               1/9/2019                     2/9/2019

For each installation numbers we have service ticket(s). 

I want to measure first time fix understood as: If given service ticket was not followed up by another one for the same installation number in the period of 90 days, then we consider this service ticket to fall into first time fixed. So the service ticket 123545 was closed in January and the next one was in Sept, ergo it is First time fixed, whereas the 123313 service ticket, had a later one created just the next day, ergo it is not first time fixed. Could you please help with how to create this query?

Thank you

Lena

5 REPLIES 5
king98027
Frequent Visitor

Did you ever get this to work? I'm in the same predicament. I tried using the formula but am getting bogus values. 

Here was my separate thread:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/First-Time-Fix-Rate/m-p/2478575#M883071

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

You could try this formula to get your requirement:

Measure 2 =
VAR nextcreatedate =
    CALCULATE (
        MIN ( 'Table'[ST date created] ),
        FILTER (
            ALLSELECTED ( 'Table' ),
            'Table'[Installation number] = MAX ( 'Table'[Installation number] )
                && MAX ( 'Table'[ST date closed] ) < 'Table'[ST date created]
        )
    )
RETURN
    VAR days =
        IF (
            nextcreatedate = BLANK (),
            DATEDIFF ( MAX ( 'Table'[ST date closed] ), TODAY (), DAY ),
            DATEDIFF ( MAX ( 'Table'[ST date closed] ), nextcreatedate, DAY )
        )
    RETURN
        IF ( days >= 90, "First time", "No" )

Result:

5.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

How to create a First time fix %

Anonymous
Not applicable

I should add, that if a service ticket was closed in say May this year, but no new service ticket was created until today, then that ticket should also be counted as First time Fixed.

Thanks, Lena

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much Lin, it works great on a row level. However, the measure is formatted as text,  (I have changed 'First time fix =1, and 'No" =0) to make it countable, I also added +0 at the end of the measure to be able to format it as whole number. I still am unable to sum up the results, and total appears as 1. Can you please help me to modify it so that I can get totals for specific time frames? I need to measure this KPI every month.

Thank you,

Lena

First time fix =
VAR nextcreatedate =
CALCULATE (
MIN ( Services[Date Created] ),
FILTER (
ALLSELECTED ( 'Services' ),'Services'[Installation] = MAX ( 'Services'[Installation] )
&& MAX ('Services'[Date Closed] ) < 'Services'[Date Created]
)
)
RETURN
VAR days =
IF (
nextcreatedate = BLANK (),
DATEDIFF ( MAX ( 'Services'[Date Closed] ), TODAY (), DAY ),
DATEDIFF ( MAX ( 'Services'[Date Closed] ), nextcreatedate, DAY )
)
RETURN
IF ( days >= 90, "1", "0" )+0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.