Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

marotta44
Regular Visitor

First and Last Issue

When I am trying to show data in a Decomposition Tree, it is only giving me the option to show "First or "Last".  I just want it to show the actual value.  How do I make that happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @marotta44 ,

If you are putting the field Actual Start under the Tooltips option, you can only use it by selecting the aggregation function in conjunction with it. If the data type of field is Text or Date type, the corresponding aggregation function as Figure 1.  If the data type of field is numeric, the corresponding aggregation function as Figure 2. Please refer to this official documentation for more details.

Date or Text fieldDate or Text fieldNumeric fieldNumeric field

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DataVitalizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @marotta44 

To get other options rather than First and Last you have to drag one filed or more in the zone Explained by 

Did it work ? Mark it as a solution to help spreading knowledge.

A kudos would be appreciated

Hi Mark, I should have clarified. It works correctly Explained By section. But it will only give me first and last in the Tooltip section. Does that make sense?  I apologize I didn't explain that properly initially. The same thing happens with some of my dates where it only shows earliest and latest. 

Hi @marotta44 

Can you share a screenshot ?

Shot 1.jpgShot 2.jpg

Hi @marotta44 

Those are the only available options when the field's format is TEXT

Did it work ? Mark it as a solution to help spreading knowledge.

A kudos would be appreciated

Its a date field.  So are you saying in the tooltip, I cant show the actual like I can in the explain by?

Hi @marotta44 ,

If you are putting the field Actual Start under the Tooltips option, you can only use it by selecting the aggregation function in conjunction with it. If the data type of field is Text or Date type, the corresponding aggregation function as Figure 1.  If the data type of field is numeric, the corresponding aggregation function as Figure 2. Please refer to this official documentation for more details.

Date or Text fieldDate or Text fieldNumeric fieldNumeric field

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.