Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

spocx
Helper I
Helper I

Finding first value with same ID in multiple rows based on date/time

Dear Power BI community

I need help to write a DAX formular that can identify the first value in multiple rows with the same ID based on date/time. I have a table as shown below and need to calculate the column "First assign team" marked in red. I have just filled out the values in "First assign team" manually for easy understanding. 

Capture.PNG

I am able to identify the first date/time within the rows with same ID with the following formular, but I cannot figure out how to identify the first assign team.

First assignment time = CALCULATE(MIN(Table1[Assign date/time]);FILTER(Table1;Table1[Ticket ID]=EARLIER(Table1[Ticket ID])))

If anyone could help, it would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Jonas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @spocx,

First Assign team =
VAR firstassigndate =
    CALCULATE (
        MIN ( 'table 1'[Assign date/time] ),
        ALLEXCEPT ( 'table 1', 'table 1'[Ticket ID] )
    )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        SELECTEDVALUE ( 'table 1'[Team assigned] ),
        FILTER (
            ALLEXCEPT ( 'table 1', 'table 1'[Ticket ID] ),
            'table 1'[Assign date/time] = firstassigndate
        )
    )

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I have a similar problem but in my case i need the distict count of the Id´s.

madalenaabreu_1-1642085490784.png

Because it has lines with the same id but diferent direction the dax calcuate count 2 times this id.

I want to make a dax that counts these tables and if it finds the repeated id counts only one. 

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @spocx,

First Assign team =
VAR firstassigndate =
    CALCULATE (
        MIN ( 'table 1'[Assign date/time] ),
        ALLEXCEPT ( 'table 1', 'table 1'[Ticket ID] )
    )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        SELECTEDVALUE ( 'table 1'[Team assigned] ),
        FILTER (
            ALLEXCEPT ( 'table 1', 'table 1'[Ticket ID] ),
            'table 1'[Assign date/time] = firstassigndate
        )
    )

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI

I have a very similar scenario, where for a project number I have multiple rows for various periods. The status changes in some periods. However, I want to see the first status for a particular project number. Using the formula above shows always just Unapproved status for some reason. E.G. for C20220510-T I should see as the first status 'Approved', for C20220514 I should see Unapproved, for C20220529-T I should see Approved. Can you help please?

MartinaRa_0-1692168319662.png

Hi Yuliana 

Your solution works perfectly. Thank you so much.

Best regards,

Jonas 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@spocx try this

First assignment time = CALCULATE(MIN(Table1[Assign date/time]),ALLEXCEPT(Table1, Table1[Ticket ID]))
assign team for first assignment= IF([First assignment time]=Table1[Assign date/time],Table1[Team Assigned],NULL)
First assign team = CALCULATE(MAX(assign team for first assignment),ALLEXCEPT(Table1, Table1[Ticket ID]))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.