Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

feedbackisagift
Frequent Visitor

Finding MIN date for multiple related records

Hi,

I'm working with one table where I'd like to write a measure that identifies the earliest date for any given set of records.  In the screenshot below, I've highlighted the earliest date for each set of records.

Thanks,

J

Screenshot_1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@feedbackisagift

For your requirement, you can use ALLEXCEPT() to get the MIN date group on each id. 

Measure = CALCUATE(MIN(Table[CreateDate]),ALLEXCEPT(Table,Table[OpportunityId]))

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@feedbackisagift

For your requirement, you can use ALLEXCEPT() to get the MIN date group on each id. 

Measure = CALCUATE(MIN(Table[CreateDate]),ALLEXCEPT(Table,Table[OpportunityId]))

Regards,

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

I'm not sure if a calculated column would also suit your case, if this could be, than you might have a look at this pbix file

On the report page "First Date In Group" there is a table viz, that uses the table "FactWithDates" from my model, this table has two calculated columns

"First Date by Customer bool col" and "First Date by Customer col".

The first calculated column returns 1 if the date in the current row is the first date of the customer, where as the 2nd calculation returns the first date of the customer.

I tend to implement this kind of requirements as calculated columns due to the possibility to use these columns as slicer and as axis on slicer.

If you have to implement your requirement as measure, can you please add, why a measure is necessary and a calculated column is not enough.

Regards

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

@TomMartensThank you for the file...  It certainly put me on the right track.  Ultimately, I've solved using a calculated column approach, but it does not sit well with me because it dedicates too many resources memorywise.

I suspect I need to learn about variables to get it done within a measure.

The calculated column leveraged the ALLEXCEPT( ) function.

Thanks for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.