Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

antholee

Finding Latest Date in Already Filtered Table

Hello, I am looking for help with this:

How would I find the latest date from an already-filtered table?

e.g. from a table of a few thousand rows, I have filtered out 2 rows:

antholee_0-1597339891825.png

how could I find the latest date based on these 2 rows, and assign a value in another column? so the end result would be another column designating ID 13334 as the row with the latest time.

I have tried using Max formula, but it finds the max day from the whole unfiltered table/dataset. How do I find the latest date of already filtered data?

Edit: I am filtering a table using the date already. In my case, I am filtering for August 4th 2020. After filtering, I am left with 2 rows, in which I want to create another column that will signify the row that occurs at a later time (Last Updated MST). I would like a calculated column that will identify that 8/4/2020 11 20 AM occurs after 11:10AM .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @antholee , 

I think you need to use measure to achieve this goal. You could refer to my sample for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Daviejoe
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Let me know if this helps

https://www.daxpatterns.com/ranking/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@antholee , Not very clear

Try

calculate(max(Table[lastupdated]), allexcept(Table[ID]))

Sorry if it was not clear.

I am filtering a table using the date already. In my case, I am filtering for August 4th 2020. After filtering, I am left with 2 rows, in which I want to create another column that will signify the row that occurs at a later time (Last Updated MST). I would like a calculated column that will identify that 8/4/2020 11 20 AM occurs after 11:10AM .

I have tried your recommendation and it returned to me the same two dates.

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @antholee , 

I think you need to use measure to achieve this goal. You could refer to my sample for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.