Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jbotero
Frequent Visitor

Find inventory by goals

Hello Power BI Community!

I have searched for help in here and other sources as Stack Overflow and YouTube with no luck, so I want to post my question here looking for help from you.

I have an "Available Inventory" data source. I have also some sales goals and what I wish is to look up into the available inventory table until I reach the goal. I have done simplified example in Excel just to illustrate what I want. 

Example.png

In my example, shirts goal was $120 and it took up to 4 products to reach that goal. Therefore, I would want a visual that shows me the necessary inventory to reach the goal. Exactly the same with the rest of categories.

Thanks for your kind help. I hope I have been clear enough with my requirement.

Kind regards,

Juan

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi jbotero,

Please clarify more details about your expected requirement.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hello Jimmy.

What I expect is through DAX to state a formula which makes a query to the database of products. Then, through a visual, see the products that satisfy the conditions.

For example, my database has shirts from 1 to 6, with a total value of $255. The condition will be the goal, $120. Therefore, I need something that tells Power BI to go and find the products until they reach the value of $120 (in this example, shirts from 1 to 4). Finally, I want to use a visual that shows me which are those products.

This is what I expect, however, if you have another solution I will appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

Juan

Hasan
Resolver I
Resolver I

HI,

Can you also share your sales table so i can take a look at the possible solution?

Hasan

jbotero
Frequent Visitor

Hello Hasan.

This is the actual goals table for June:

ProductJune goals
Accessories $      321.65
Shorts $      343.08
Wallets $        24.50
Purses $      180.93
Sweaters $   1,667.64
Shirts $   2,064.08
T-shirts $   6,230.11
Belts $        81.85
Parfums $        50.57
Sunglasses $      240.43
Caps $        58.36
Jeans $ 14,058.63
Socks $        79.35
Pants $      764.28
Watches $   2,145.92
Swimwear $      123.03
Underwear $      304.40
Temporary $      623.24
Shoes $ 15,503.88

Thanks for your help!

Juan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.