cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Find if given lat/lng co-ordinates lies inside a square/rectangle

Hi Team,

I need to help to find the logic in power bi To find given latitude/longitude co-ordinates lies inside a square/rectangle

I have multiple Square area in Map - Need to find in which square the given Lat/Long present.

I have tried the same logic but its not working.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48077546/find-if-given-lat-lng-co-ordinates-lies-inside-a-square...

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RubanBasilea ,

This post may help you develop your logic: How to determine if a GPS coordinate lies within a rectangular area?

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RubanBasilea ,

This post may help you develop your logic: How to determine if a GPS coordinate lies within a rectangular area?

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

View solution in original post

Many Thanks!

This works for me.

Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@RubanBasilea If you have the geo-cordinates of each square/rectangle then you could do it. Try to find out the max and min latitude of each square/rectangle. Then you can check if the given geolatitutde is between both the max and min range. This way you could develop your logic. For further help, would appreciate if you could share your sample data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Happy New Year from Power BI

This is a must watch for a message from Power BI!

December Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2020 Updates!

Community Blog

Check it Out!

Click here to read the latest blog and learn more about contributing to the Power BI blog!

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors