Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

juan_pablo
Advocate III
Advocate III

Find column with the earliest date

Hi, 

When I create a calculated table with the DAX function CALENDARAUTO, the first date in the resulting table is a ridiculous earlier date (1/1/0200). This means that somewhere in the model I have a date column that contains a date from that year. The challenge is that my model contains hundreds of date columns in dozens of tables. How can I systematically find the column that contains that earliest date without having to inspect (sort) each column by hand?

Any ideas?

I'm open to use external tools. Maybe DAX Studio can help?

2 REPLIES 2
juan_pablo
Advocate III
Advocate III

Thank you for your reply but that's kind of the same as going through all columns manually. Literally there are hundreds of dates so just recalling the names of each to write the formula would take me the same as sorting them one by one.
Thank you anyway!!

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@juan_pablo 

Write a one-time code

ribisht17_0-1654391780724.png

Then reuse it ,

Regards,

Ritesh

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !!Power BI for Tableau Users 

Regards,

Ritesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.