Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CRBam
Frequent Visitor

Find associated row in Fact table

Hi, I am trying to create a calculated field in my data that will let me know if a policy has been renewed.  In my fact table there is a unique polID, and a unique ParentPolID.  Each term should have a different polID but the same ParentPolID. So what i'd like to do (in english) is;

If this row's (A) ParentPolID exists in another row (B) with an Effective date (B) > this rows expiration date (A) AND that row (B) has a status of Issued, flag this row (A) as renewed.

I have separate date tables for Effective Date and Expiration Date, with both containing Date keys linked to the fact table. 

The report evenutally will let me list the policies that are expirign this month, grouped by what has been rened and what has not been renewed.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I posted a solution to a different problem, my apologies.  I will post that separately so others can find it.  I have decided to address this through the SQL source instead of Power BI. I don't have any caluclations or code because I don't even know where to begin.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@CRBam,

Could you please share sample data of your table that can be copied and pasted to us? And also please post expected result here based on your sample data so that we can provide you appropriate dax.

Regards,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I posted a solution to a different problem, my apologies.  I will post that separately so others can find it.  I have decided to address this through the SQL source instead of Power BI. I don't have any caluclations or code because I don't even know where to begin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.