Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lav-I101
Frequent Visitor

Find anomalies with custom date hierarchy

Hello,

i noticed that the 'find anomalies' option gives out below error when i use a custom date hierarchy created via the Calendar function (whose year, quarter, month and date were also created via dax and the table was marked as date table):

lavI101_5-1633679818260.png

lavI101_4-1633679752758.png

This is what the visual looks like:

lavI101_0-1633679248688.png

However, if i pull the default date hierarchy, the find anomalies option works--->below a similar visual as the one above but with default date:

lavI101_2-1633679509710.png

lavI101_3-1633679657301.png

Can we confirm that the 'find anomalies' option only work with a default date hierarchy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We only support the default date hierarchy (with date as a scalar key), because anomaly detection requires a date at backend, unfortunately arbitrary custom date hierarchy or custom format etc is not supported, because PowerBI infra cannot figure out these fields' date-type scalar key.

lisahua46_0-1634313229828.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

I reproduced what you saw, and expect it is related to going from a continuous X axis to a categorical one (Date Hierarchy).  I also tried it with a hierarchy made from EOM and EOY columns with custom format strings (mmmm and yyyy).  Same error.

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

We only support the default date hierarchy (with date as a scalar key), because anomaly detection requires a date at backend, unfortunately arbitrary custom date hierarchy or custom format etc is not supported, because PowerBI infra cannot figure out these fields' date-type scalar key.

lisahua46_0-1634313229828.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.