Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bgratigny

Find and replace values

It looks like I can no longer do a find an replace in a formula.  Anyone else having this issue?  This started after I installed the January 2017 version.

4 REPLIES 4
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@bgratigny

Search and replace functionality in the formula bar is not supported. There was a product bug that allowed customers to use search and replace form open source component we are using for editing but there were many issues with their implementation and it was never tested and supported. Power BI team will consider in the future adding this functionality.

Best Regards,

Herbert

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bgratigny,

It looks like I can no longer do a find an replace in a formula.

Do you mean the FIND and REPLACE Function (DAX) no longer works when using them in a formula to create a measure or calculate column? 

Or do you mean the "Replace Values" option in Query Editor no longer works? Could you be more precisely with the issue?Smiley Happy

rv1.PNG

Regards

When I'm in the dashboard view I was able to hit control f to find elements to change in a measure. In the latest version control f or control r does not work. I no longer get the find or replace dialogue box.

Hi @bgratigny,

I reproduced the same issue on the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.42.4611.701 64-bit (January 2017)). I have reproduced this issue internally. And I will post the updates here if there is any feedback.Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.