Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

natalbarraza117
Frequent Visitor

Find Percentage of project completion (section) by using Today() and Start date in advanced card viz

Hi Everyone, 

I've been scouring power bi forums and I dont think I've found the answer I need- apologies if something like this has already been answered, 

I'm creating a project dashabord that consists of tasks, end date and start date. Its all data that I'm pulling from Excel and have made a formula for it in Excel: 

IF(D2>TODAY(),"0%",IF(E2<TODAY(),"100%",(TODAY()-D2)/G2))

natalbarraza117_0-1611151329895.png

(Above is a condensed list of all the project tasks)

What I'd like to do is use a circle card (or if there is another visual I can use) to show the section complete  -column F.

The visual I do use ends up summing/max/min etc  the entries instead of displaying the value: (using advanced circle card)

natalbarraza117_1-1611151620206.png

What I have tried:  once imported to Power BI, I then go to the modeling tab and choose percentage and dont summarize to show the percentage but on once I have placed it in the advanced card visual the data I want is not displayed. The visual card seems to counting the entries instead of the individual data so perhaps its not what I should use?

Perhaps the way I have formatted my data may need to change as well, anyways, Im open to any and all suggestions and I really hope you can understand my problem and the solution I'm trying to reach.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
natalbarraza117
Frequent Visitor

Hi Everyone, seems I managed to find my solution, 

I used the Paypal KPI Donut Card, and went to manage all relationships and made sure they could all use the same slicer/ filter (customers in my case) to get the desired effect I want.

I also seperated each section out to one  KPI chart eac (one per section) and again made sure all my filter named matched, from there my project timeline/ gant chart would also filter out to each KPI donut card.

Lastly on the field its importat to use MAX for the KPI  donut. 

Thanks for your time everyone, images to follow once everything is nice and neat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
natalbarraza117
Frequent Visitor

Hi Everyone, seems I managed to find my solution, 

I used the Paypal KPI Donut Card, and went to manage all relationships and made sure they could all use the same slicer/ filter (customers in my case) to get the desired effect I want.

I also seperated each section out to one  KPI chart eac (one per section) and again made sure all my filter named matched, from there my project timeline/ gant chart would also filter out to each KPI donut card.

Lastly on the field its importat to use MAX for the KPI  donut. 

Thanks for your time everyone, images to follow once everything is nice and neat

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.