Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Find Latest date

Hi All,

The data that I have has all the surverys that were done to all the stores.

I want to consider only the latest visit to a store for that month. If the store was not visited on that month, then consider the last visited data irrespective of the month. Something like below

Store Number   July        Aug

1001                  12-06     25-07

1002                  22-06     22-06

In the above example, since Store 1002 was not visited in Aug, it should show me the last visit date. I'm using the below example, this shows blank instead of 22-06

Lastvisit = CALCULATE(LASTDATE(FACT_DETAILS_KPIS[session_date]),ALLEXCEPT(FACT_DETAILS_KPIS,FACT_DETAILS_KPIS[store_number],DIM_DATE[fiscalmonth]))

Thanks,
Bhavya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Bhavya,

Since you have a Date table, it could be a simple measure like below. Please download the demo from the attachment.

Measure =
CALCULATE (
    MAX ( FACT_DETAILS_KPIS[Visit Date] ),
    FILTER ( ALL ( DIM_DATE ), DIM_DATE[Date] <= MAX ( DIM_DATE[Date] ) )
)

Find-Latest-date

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Bhavya,

Since you have a Date table, it could be a simple measure like below. Please download the demo from the attachment.

Measure =
CALCULATE (
    MAX ( FACT_DETAILS_KPIS[Visit Date] ),
    FILTER ( ALL ( DIM_DATE ), DIM_DATE[Date] <= MAX ( DIM_DATE[Date] ) )
)

Find-Latest-date

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is one step closer to what I needed but I can't replicate the results. It's only showing the latest record I have.

Capture.PNG

I'm trying to display the latest ACTIVE amounts per location per month (but latest record not summed up), I think finding the latest dates per month is close to that goal.

Here is my file:

SamplePBIX 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dale,

Thank You so much. This is very helpful. 

I also need to apply this in my KPI calculation. I need to find difference between distribution Sku every month vs July. If Distribution sku for a particular month doesn't exist( like Aug in the below example), then we need to consider the last distribution sku(in this case- July) and then find the difference.

PBI Screenshot.PNG

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Bhavya

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems the old question. Can you share a dummy sample that is similar to your real data? The main idea is to find the last date and then sum up the sku value where the date equals the last date. 

Best Regards,

LivioLanzo
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello - are you able to share your dataset?? thanks

Did I answer your question correctly? Mark my answer as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.