Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Find All Reports Made by a User

Hi All, 

Sorry if this is in the wrong board, but I couldn't really find one that fits my question. 

I have a user that made a report based on a dataset that is outdated. We want to delete the dataset, but we can't until the report is deleted. The problem is he hasn't shared the report that he made with anyone. 

As admins, is it possible to delete this report? I've been looking at PowerShell, but can't find a way to do it.

Any help would be most appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Icey, 

Thanks for the info. 

We ended up just asking the user to delete the report attached to the dataset. Once that was done we were able to delete the dataset. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

What's the error message?

And please check if the dataset is used by an organizational content pack or a published app. Please remove the dataset from the content pack/ app  firstly then try to delete the dataset again. 

If no any app / content pack, please try to refresh your browser between deletes. If the issue is still there, please let me know. Or, you can contact Microsoft. Please refer to this post: Can't delete datasets.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Icey, 

Thanks for the info. 

We ended up just asking the user to delete the report attached to the dataset. Once that was done we were able to delete the dataset. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.