Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sushicat_san Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Find All Reports Made by a User

Hi All, 

Sorry if this is in the wrong board, but I couldn't really find one that fits my question. 

I have a user that made a report based on a dataset that is outdated. We want to delete the dataset, but we can't until the report is deleted. The problem is he hasn't shared the report that he made with anyone. 

As admins, is it possible to delete this report? I've been looking at PowerShell, but can't find a way to do it.

Any help would be most appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular Visitor

Re: Find All Reports Made by a User

Hi Icey, 

Thanks for the info. 

We ended up just asking the user to delete the report attached to the dataset. Once that was done we were able to delete the dataset. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @sushicat_san ,

What's the error message?

And please check if the dataset is used by an organizational content pack or a published app. Please remove the dataset from the content pack/ app  firstly then try to delete the dataset again. 

If no any app / content pack, please try to refresh your browser between deletes. If the issue is still there, please let me know. Or, you can contact Microsoft. Please refer to this post: Can't delete datasets.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regular Visitor

Hi Icey, 

Thanks for the info. 

We ended up just asking the user to delete the report attached to the dataset. Once that was done we were able to delete the dataset. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

We are super excited for our update this month, as we are releasing two of our top community requests!

Power Platform Online Conference

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

Top Solution Authors